Monday, December 08, 2003

The Here and Now

Hi all. DH and I have found a new online game to play. Horizons looks really promising. Thing is that a couple we have a pretty nasty history with is also planning on playing the game. DH assures me that 1) I can handle them if I do run into them and 2) that on 15 servers the chances of banging into them is slim to none. The thing is that even the thought of bumping into them leaves me with an icky taste in my mouth. They were intrigal parts of what could have been the largest tragedy in my life outside of losing my child.

I really REALLY want to play this game with DH, because its something we both love doing, and we'll be able to create our own little virtual world MUhahahahaha!

I know that what happened before won't happen again. I'm older and wiser, and smarter and more sure of myself and my marriage, but I really don't want to be afraid of bumping into them. The thought of wondering if every chat post, every blip, everything that comes across chat, every new guildmate might be *them* is really tainting this experience for me.

I haven't been in contact with them for months, and have no urge to contact them, for that matter. But will they recognize my screenname on boards I haven't posted on in months? or will they put together the large Dragon character named Fyreraven as mine?

Worse yet what if idiot also decides to start playing Horizons. Gods, I HATE this anxiety problem I'm dealing with. It needs to GO!

Thanks for listening to me rant.


Well, DH and I did indeed try Horizons and we played for about 4 months. The game has since gone bankrupt. We're currently awaiting the end of the semester for me, and we're going to be playing WoW. The couple I talked about above did not play Horizons, but they are planning on play WoW (World of Warcraft). I could care less if I see them. That's what the Ignore function is for.

No comments: