Wednesday, January 11, 2006

For every thing there is a season...

I've been thinking about endings and beginnings alot recently. I know that I won't see another mountain winter, or see my father drive into the drive way after work, or spend the afternoon sitting by the pool to go upstairs and grab a cool shower and take a nap, or play cards with mom and dad and jon, watch the lighting crack across the mountain across the way, ever again. My life is full of these moments right now. As the last days of this break before school starts play out, it's hit me how different my life is going to be this time next year, no matter what happens. I'm not depressed about it or anything, but maybe I am a bit wistful, probably because the beginnings seem further away than the endings right now. Change does not come easily to me, but I am learning.

That being said...I just ordered my last batch of books for this degree and while my credit card is probably ecstatic to never have to do that again, I'm happy/sad.

1 comment:

Kari Boardman said...

dvJust remember, change is good. In your case, very good. :) I can't wait to see what the next year brings for you. Good luck!!