Monday, June 05, 2006

A discordant note in the merry melody of my new life...

Wow, how things have changed since that last post.

I did graduate Summa Cum Laude. The Friday before graduation I got a call from a job I had interviewed for in Nashville. Honestly, I did not think for one moment I had a chance. Shows you what I know. I've been working for the company for about a month now. I'm their software catchall. I had no idea all the things I had not learned in college, but I'm learning them now on the fly which is fun, if a bit nerve-wracking. My boss is awesome. A.W.E.S.O.M.E. as is my team. I can't believe how cool this place is. While I'm not curing cancer I am working for a company that provides a very important service to the world, so I can feel good about that.

We've moved to Nashville and have a great apartment that we're still trying to fill up with stuff. All we lack is two computer desks and maybe a new tv. That will all come in time. Currently I'm totally enjoying wireless access and a cable modem.

On a sad note, one of our fur-kids didn't make it through the move. She bolted about 8 hours before we were going to move the last three and punched through a screen. We've searched and searched for her, and nothing. DH is deeply bothered by her loss, and I don't blame him. I've not been as patient with him as I would like to be and I'm working on it. I miss her deeply, but I deseperately want to get settled and enjoy my new location and sometimes his talking about how it isn't complete without her slams me down out of my good mood and that irks me which upsets me because I feel like I've failed him by being irked at him. Bizarre creature I am sometimes, I'm afraid.

Well, there's a program that needs some serious work, and while my boss and team may be patient with me, I am not as patient with myself and would very much like to get this bloody thing working by the end of the day.

Life is good, but there's something missing in the melody of my existence. To the fur girls we've all left behind either alive and lost or over the rainbow bridge in the last weeks, I dedicate this entry to Fozzel, Isis and Salsa. We'll miss you, ladies, life won't be the same without you, and neither will we.

No comments: