Monday, November 22, 2004

Being a woman in a man’s world.

Being a woman in a man’s world.

This will be a theme you see me return to every so often, probably too often. You see, I’m a college student who has hopes of someday going to a very nice school in Plano, Texas where I’ll be taught how to be a level designer for video games. There’s only one problem…I’m female, I’m 31, and I really really don’t want to have to put up with grown men behaving like adolescents. I’m hoping that the environment I keep hearing about isn’t the real one. I knew I was going to be in the minority, but I never understood just how much until I saw this photo…

http://www.battle.net/war3/images/frys/ss01.jpg

This is the brilliant team at Blizzard who came up with the latest WarCraft title. Notice they’re all male except one female, and she’s a pretty one at that.

http://www.fragdolls.com/index.php

Link to the FPS all girl’s team that recently got a huge amount of press. Not only are they beautiful apparently they really do have game. YAY! Would have liked it if they looked like the rest of the women gamers in the world, but I'll take what I can get.

So in light of this all, I’m going to take my seriously pudgy butt out for a walk and hope that maybe between now and the time I head to grad school next year I’m atleast presentable.

Here’s the question…should I have to? I mean I want to because I am in abysmal health. But that never bothered me. Seeing a line of 20+ designers however has me wanting to buy an abroller. I’m very married and didn’t find any of them attractive, they aren’t my snookums after all. I think the Gnomeinmybrain has been messing with things again, because I’m at a loss here.

What do you think?

Fyre

No comments: