Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Religious Opinions part 1

Warning: I would not be what one would call a traditional Christian. You’ve been warned so don’t Bible thump at me and try to save my poor soul, because I can do that all by myself, thank you.

First off my religious background: I was christened evangelical church of God, baptized Methodist, went to a Catholic school where my best friend was Jewish, confirmed Episcopalian, went to a Church of Christ School for a year and graduated from a Presbyterian High School, married Methodist, both times, and was and am in many ways a practicing Wiccan. Oh, my friends in high school were Buddist, Ba’Hai, Muslim, Jewish, Pagan, and Agnostic.

Jesus told us to be as little children in order to enter the Kingdom of God, yes? Have you spent 10 minutes with a 3 year old? Their favorite question is Why. The Creator gave us a brain, capable of amazing things, and we take everything at face value, never ask why, and just assume that what we’re being told is the Truth? Personally, I think the Creator wants us to question, think, and wonder about this incredible world we have.

Do you really believe that God is male? I mean really, the all supreme being actually has a gender? A gender that is NOT the one that He gave the ability to bring life into this world? I mean really, think about that. Enough to bake your noodle, isn’t it?

Jesus came to save us, to experience the human condition, but he died a virgin. At least that’s what the establishment would want you to think. Doesn’t sound very human, now does it?

I’ll leave you with these for now. I have lots more which will appear every so often, so stay tuned.

Fyre

No comments: