Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Paradigm

A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline.

Until recently I did not understand what it meant when your have a paradigm shift. I understand now. My reality is no longer what it once was and that has reverberated throughout my life and changed my self concept and the reality of my future. Someone who has been present in my life since birth recently made a statement that has left me questioning, seeking, and my entire thought process has been shifted. Not changed, but…shifted.

I still love them, I don’t understand, and in some ways I’m hurt. Bright One bless my husband for standing beside me as the waves of my reality roil around me trying to eat away at my foundations. My rock stands beside me, supporting me, loving me, and helping me build a new foundation.

While I may not understand your choices, I will accept them, and I will make them part of who I am, even as I struggle to make them fit into who I believe you are.

As for the rest of what is going on in my life and those players who flit about on the stage of my reality...you're going to have to be patient, I'll come full circle eventually, until then, I will talk with you, be with you, but any more energy than that will have to be directed at more inner thoughts and needs. There is much that is cracking within me. Trust that when I re-emerge it will be with a stronger core, sunk deep into the foundation of my existance as an adult, as a woman, as a lover, as a wife, as a mother, and as a friend. Until then, I will give you what I can, please do not ask for more.

What Fyre warms and brings life to, Fyre can also consume and destroy. Be careful, or you will be burned. You have been warned. Do not rant, rave or whine when it happens. And it will happen if you push me.

No comments: