Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A 3?

The job search continues.  Had a good lead, got stumped on a “rank yourself from 0-10” question.  No excuses, I simply had no idea how to answer the question.  The more I thought about this during my walk this morning the more I realized that there was no right answer.  Had I said “I can’t possibly do so with the information given” I would have been too timid.  Had I said “I’m a 3” I would have lacked ambition.  I said “5 or 6” which I comprehended as slightly above average and he blasted me telling me I’d be lucky to be a 3.  At first I was really peeved about this, but you know what.  This 3 would have been one of the better 3s he would have seen come through his office.  I don’t want to work for a company that treats people that way.

I was really depressed about it last night, covers over my head depressed.  I’ve got over it.  Updated my Monster Resume, added something to the over all one and I’m going to work on my portfolio tonight.  I may be down, but I’m sure not out.

No comments: