Monday, March 13, 2006

Obladi oblada

You know, one good thing that came about during all of this mess is that I have come to understand an aspect of my husband I’ve never experienced before in any relationship.  He really is behind me 100%.  I have never heard nor seen him as angry as he was with this company.  I honestly believe that if he could have throttled someone he would have, meanwhile he was caring and gentle with me.  I have to admit the two sides of the coin are incredibly attractive.

Friday we spent time with DS and his birthday which was strained to the max for him.  On Saturday we got up and realized we were all edgy and really didn’t want to be at home so we piled into the car.  Great therapy.  Unclaimed freight was a huge let down so we headed to Chattanooga.  Car runs great, it should since repairing it put a huge bite into the moving fund.  Went to Barnes and Nobel and found two really neat inexpensive books, one in C# and one in PhotoShop for myself and the hubby.  Oh…we went out to breakfast too so that DS could have his favorite pancakes since dinner the night before was so uncomfortable.  We went to the used book store and there staring me in the face was the O’Reilly C# Cookbook for $10 which is a great buy so I’m all stocked up on programming texts, and I admit to buying a romance novel as well.  DS got to spend his birthday money on books and then the left over on a two stage rocket thingamabobber he played with all day on Sunday.  Sunday was more edginess but I did get some homework done.

The Business manager from the company is hounding me for writing, code, and webdesign samples.  DH is encouraging me to send them and I think he’s right.  I could use the feedback and the possibility for part time contract work is hard to pass up.  I doubt I’d ever trust this company to hire me full time but additional work is always a good thing.  

What will be will be.  Nothing else I can do, really.  I just hope that these requests for information are legit and not this guy basically trying to let me down easy, which never works on me anyways.



No comments: